Question

Running a workspace using a .bat file

• 18 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge
When I schedule a .bat file that runs my FME workspace through windows task scheduler it returns a 0x2 error but when I run the .bat file manually it works fine.

4 replies

Badge
It is scheduled with admin rights to the machine so it has rights. I am still getting the same message. What should be in the "Start in " parameter be set to pint to? I have not made any changes to the scheduler besides setting times for the triggers and setting up the action.
Userlevel 4
It is scheduled with admin rights to the machine so it has rights. I am still getting the same message. What should be in the "Start in " parameter be set to pint to? I have not made any changes to the scheduler besides setting times for the triggers and setting up the action.

The "Start in" parameter should be set to the FME_HOME directory.

If you still cannot get it to work, consider looking for related error messages in the Windows event logs.

Userlevel 4

I checked the error code, and it points to insufficient rights. Just be aware, that the scheduled events run with restricted privileges by default, even though the user might be local admin. You will have to specifically assign full admin privileges on a per-task basis, see here:

Access denied (0x2) error as an administrator in Windows Task Scheduler

Badge

The "Start in" parameter should be set to the FME_HOME directory.

If you still cannot get it to work, consider looking for related error messages in the Windows event logs.

Thanks - yes, I needed to set the FME_HOME directory (same path as FME.exe).