Solved

Error after Server upgrade, Active Directory page popup: "Postgresql Error Last Sync Does not exist"

• 27 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Upgraded from 2017 to 2017.1

Everything is on the same machine, Windows server. Error pop up on the Active Directory Page.

Error in the log files:

ERROR  main SQLException: ERROR: column "last_sync" does not exist  Position: 75

ERROR  main 404186 : Unable to start directory manager; exception was"org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "last_sync"
does not exist  Position: 75"

icon

Best answer by rylanatsafe 28 September 2017, 20:12

View original

5 replies

Here is the querry that is throwing the error in postgres: SELECT name, host, port, encryption, authentication, user_name, password, last_sync FROM fme_ldap_server ORDER BY name ASC
Badge +11

Hi @jstam - I have seen this exact issue a few times with respect to FME Server upgrades. Between FME Server 2017.0 and 2017.1 the internal database table fme_ldap_server was updated to add that last_sync column. It is recommended to recreate the FME Server database when upgrading between major versions (i.e. ".x"). This operation will require a Backup and Restore of the .fsconfig file.

(Alternatively, you could try to redefine this one table – but mileage may vary, and it has potential to create a waterfall effect of fixes that you need to apply... Not recommended.)

Hi @jstam - I have seen this exact issue a few times with respect to FME Server upgrades. Between FME Server 2017.0 and 2017.1 the internal database table fme_ldap_server was updated to add that last_sync column. It is recommended to recreate the FME Server database when upgrading between major versions (i.e. ".x"). This operation will require a Backup and Restore of the .fsconfig file.

(Alternatively, you could try to redefine this one table – but mileage may vary, and it has potential to create a waterfall effect of fixes that you need to apply... Not recommended.)

In order to recreate the server database, will I need simply run the installer again? I understand how to use the backup and restore of the .fsconfig file (but thanks for pointing out that it needs to be done!).

Badge +11

In order to recreate the server database, will I need simply run the installer again? I understand how to use the backup and restore of the .fsconfig file (but thanks for pointing out that it needs to be done!).

@jstam - You only need to recreate the database tables. This will not require a re-install of FME Server per se...

1) Create FME Server backup using the web interface

2) Drop and create tables – use the scripts in <FMEServer>\\Server\\database

3) Restore FME Server from .fsconfig backup using the web interface

Does that make sense? Please ask for clarification if needed!

Cheers.

Badge +11

I have seen this error a few times with customers that have an Express Install and are upgrading.

This seems to be the path to getting the error with an Express Install:

1. The uninstall is performed on the old FME Server installation.
  2. The install is performed with the new FME Server Installer.
  3. Visiting the new FME Server Web UI and Security/Active Directory will produce the aforementioned error message.

What seems to take place during step 1 is that the uninstaller doesn't remove the incumbent FME Server System Database data files (the internal database). When step 2 is performed, the installer doesn't overwrite the old data files, but the files (database) is registered and starts up just fine, but it has the old schema (tables).

My suggestion to resolve this issue is the following steps:

1. Shut down all FME Server services, and ensure there are no fmeserver* processes running in Task Manager.
  2. Uninstall FME Server
  3. Review the /ProgramData/SafeSoftware folder for FME Server/pgsql subfolder. Is the data sub folder still present? If so delete it.

4. Install the new FME Server version again
  5. Run the Restore on the new server.

This should resolve the problem and if not please don't hestiate to reach out to our Support Team.