Question

Where are the dashboard workspaces? statusMessage File Dashboards/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw could not be opened

Badge

When I try and run the dashboard workspaces they fail with

statusMessage File Dashboards/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw could not be opened

When I look around the FME Server files I cant find any of the dashboard workspaces. Where did they go? Where can I get them?

16 replies

Badge +6

Hi @2dews!

We have very recently published some troubleshooting articles for a broad variety of FME Server topics - may I ask if you have had a chance to check out the troubleshooting guide for Dashboards? It might be a good place to gather some ideas/information on why the workspaces are not appearing for you : https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/55053/fme-server-troubleshooting-fme-server-dashboards.html

I hope this helps! If this doesn't address your issue please let us know.

Cheers,

Annabelle

Badge

Hi @2dews!

We have very recently published some troubleshooting articles for a broad variety of FME Server topics - may I ask if you have had a chance to check out the troubleshooting guide for Dashboards? It might be a good place to gather some ideas/information on why the workspaces are not appearing for you : https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/55053/fme-server-troubleshooting-fme-server-dashboards.html

I hope this helps! If this doesn't address your issue please let us know.

Cheers,

Annabelle

I have read that article a few times. I don't see anything about how to fix missing dashboard workspaces.

Badge +6
I have read that article a few times. I don't see anything about how to fix missing dashboard workspaces.

Have you recently upgraded/migrated FME Server, or is this a new installation? Have you been able to use the dashboard workspaces in the past, and if so, are you aware of any changes since you last successfully ran a dashboard workspace?

Badge +2

Hi @2dews

What permissions/role is your user account that you're running the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering workspace from? Does it have the correct permissions?

Is your server configured for SSL?

Have you checked any log files for more information about why that workspace can't be opened?

If that workspace hasn't been able to run, you can't generate any dashboards using the other workspaces. The dashboard documentation explains how this works and where the HTML pages for the dashboards can be located.
Badge

Hi @2dews

What permissions/role is your user account that you're running the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering workspace from? Does it have the correct permissions?

Is your server configured for SSL?

Have you checked any log files for more information about why that workspace can't be opened?

If that workspace hasn't been able to run, you can't generate any dashboards using the other workspaces. The dashboard documentation explains how this works and where the HTML pages for the dashboards can be located.
I am running the workspace from the admin account. Maybe I should have left "dashboards" out of the question. Lets just say I want to run the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw. When I try and run it it fails and the only helpful information I get is " statusMessage File Dashboards/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw could not be opened" The job log is empty. The FME Engine log shows the translation as successful. I should be able to see the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw somewhere on the FME Server somewhere shouldn't I?

Badge +2
I am running the workspace from the admin account. Maybe I should have left "dashboards" out of the question. Lets just say I want to run the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw. When I try and run it it fails and the only helpful information I get is " statusMessage File Dashboards/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering/JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw could not be opened" The job log is empty. The FME Engine log shows the translation as successful. I should be able to see the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw somewhere on the FME Server somewhere shouldn't I?

The workspace should exist under Repositories > Dashboards

If the job did really successfully run you should see a csv file under Resources>Dashboards>Temp.

Do you see anything in either of those places?

Badge
The workspace should exist under Repositories > Dashboards

If the job did really successfully run you should see a csv file under Resources>Dashboards>Temp.

Do you see anything in either of those places?

Hi @jlutherthomas I do not have a Dashboards folder under Repositories. The only folder I have under repositories is the one I created for our workspaces. Resources>Dashboards>Temp is empty.

Badge +2
Hi @jlutherthomas I do not have a Dashboards folder under Repositories. The only folder I have under repositories is the one I created for our workspaces. Resources>Dashboards>Temp is empty.

So to confirm you don't have any sample workspaces either?

I think you might need to run the post install scripts which should add all of the workspaces for dashboards that you'd need.

Let me know if that works
Badge
So to confirm you don't have any sample workspaces either?

I think you might need to run the post install scripts which should add all of the workspaces for dashboards that you'd need.

Let me know if that works
I only have the repositories and workspaces I added. No samples, utilities, or dashboard repos or workspaces. I'm hesitant to run these post install scripts now that we are running on our servers. I would really rather just manually upload them at this point.

Badge +2
I only have the repositories and workspaces I added. No samples, utilities, or dashboard repos or workspaces. I'm hesitant to run these post install scripts now that we are running on our servers. I would really rather just manually upload them at this point.

The postInstall scripts just make sure the right things are in the database. You can run the configureDemoWorkspaces.bat file on it's own, which is what you need to correctly deploy the workspaces that you're missing. I found it here:C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Clients\\utilities

Badge
The postInstall scripts just make sure the right things are in the database. You can run the configureDemoWorkspaces.bat file on it's own, which is what you need to correctly deploy the workspaces that you're missing. I found it here:C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Clients\\utilities

I'm running the FME Server on Docker setup so the OS is Linux. I'm not finding <fmeserver>/Clients/utilities/configureDemoWorkspaces.sh on any of the containers or the host machine, that is probably part of the problem.

Badge +2

What build of FME Server are you running? We may be able to send you a project of everything you'd need, but you'd probably need to configure the job history workspace with the correct hostname so that the job runs correctly.

Can you run other jobs ok?
Badge

What build of FME Server are you running? We may be able to send you a project of everything you'd need, but you'd probably need to configure the job history workspace with the correct hostname so that the job runs correctly.

Can you run other jobs ok?
I'm running FME Server 2017.1 - Build 17539 - linux-x64. We run about a dozen of our own workspaces. We have ran over 9000 jobs, they all perform as expected.

We encountered the same issue, when upgrading FME Server from 2017.0 to 2018.1. After upgrading, we restored our backup. The Dashboards repository is displayed in the Admin UI, but the repository does not exist on the file system. Attempting to run JobHistoryStatisticsGathering gives the same error as noted in the question.

Badge +14

Why can't these be published up on hub so people can grab them? We apparently deleted them and no longer have them. Is there a way to get them for 18547? Thanks!

Badge +4

I know this is 6 years old but I have the same problem. It seems that the dashobard .fmw are completely missing. I’m also running fmeserver from kubernetes using custom docker container (basically just added oracle client) and I checked that the repository data path where the dashboards should be, seems to be completely empty. Nothing here:

/data/fmeserverdata/repositories/Dashboards

I can see the workspaces in the UI but running them results in the same error and also viewing them results empty view and cannot also download them.