Question

ArcSDE replica geodatabase

• 17 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Does anyone have experience modifying a replica or version of a ArcSDE geodatabase in FME? After I make the necessary edits in FME, and write out to a new file geodatabase, Arc no longer recognizes that the newly created geodatabase is a replica to synchronize and reconcile with the original SDE.

1 reply

Badge +2

I believe that when you use Esri tools to create a replication database, additional tables are added to the Geodatabase to keep track of the replication process. This Esri article seems to describe the replication tables (see section Replica tables in a Microsoft SQL Server database). You can create a replica (schema only) using the Esri replication wizard. I assume this would create the necessary replication tables. But FME would not keep these up- to-date.

I think the answer is that you probably cannot use FME to load your replica geodatabases and you should use the appropriate Esri tools.

FME can extract deltas from an ArcSDE Geodatabase so perhaps this is an approach you can use for keeping a second database up-to-date.