Question

How to reprojekt IFC_COORDSYS_0 to IFC_COORDSYS_1?

• 19 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

So I have two IFC building models of the same building. One of the models is the actual building the other is the glass shell of the building. When I read the models they get different coordinate system. Now I want to combine them into one model for  visualization. To combine the I tried using the reprojector transformer but I couldn't find the other system. How can I reproject between the systems?

Parameters Bellow

CS_NAME: IFC_COORDSYS_0		CS_NAME: IFC_COORDSYS_1
DT_NAME: WGS84 DT_NAME: WGS84
ORG_LAT: 42.41486358638889 ORG_LAT: 48.856666564722225
ORG_LNG: -71.25807189916667 ORG_LNG: 2.3509871958333335
PROJ: AZMED PROJ: AZMED
QUAD: 1 QUAD: 1
UNIT: MILLIMETER UNIT: METER
X_OFF: 0.0 X_OFF: 0.0
Y_OFF: 0.0 Y_OFF: 0.0

I have a hard time wrapping my head around how to manipulate the Dynamic coordinate system _AZMED_

Also the BIM-modle is in 3D of course.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

If you are reading both IFC files in the same workspace, both of the coordinate systems created by reading the models will exist while the workspace is still active. You can use a CsmapReprojector to reproject both sets of data to IFC_COORDSYS_0, which will be the coordinate system created by the first reader. This will not appear in the Coordinate System Gallery, but you can type it directly into the destination coordinate system box in the transformer.

Features already in IFC_COORDSYS_0 will not be reprojected, but the features in IFC_COORDSYS_1 will be reprojected to IFC_COORDSYS_0, resulting in a common coordinate system. Be sure to set the Vertical Handling as above, to ensure a 3D reprojection.

If you prefer to get the features in IFC_COORDSYS_1 instead, you may need to add a FeatureHolder before the CsmapReprojector, since that coordinate system will not exist until the second IFC file is read. The FeatureHolder will store the features until all files are read, before passing them to the reprojector.