Question

How do I copy attributes from AutoCAD files to GDB?

Badge +3

I am using FME Desktop 2016 and I am trying to copy attributes to the feature. Currently when I copy attributes across I get features but no schema.I have tried exposing autocad text_string but I just get an empty field. I have pipe and hydrant data where the attributes are equally as important as the feature itself. I have the text annotation layer but not sure how to get this information to my feature. Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi @gisgeek

1. Once you create your writer just right click on the reader and select duplicate on writer, you just need to select the right featuretype.

2. If you are looking just for the schema, right click on the writer feature type and select copy attributes from featuretype.

Badge +2

Hi,

In Autocad, Lines + text are 2 features whereas in GDB it will 1 feature i.e. geometry + attribute. So initially you have to make sure you have merged the geometry and corresponding attribute to line (geometry).

Hope this helps

Pratap

Badge

For a better support, it would be very helpful, if you could upload a file. So we don't know nothing about your source file and how do you import it to workbench.