Question

Rotating all features by a single other feature's azimuth

Badge

I have a set of CAD drawings all published neatly squared to a page, but not located or rotated to true north. One of the drawings contains some referencing that I can extract and use to then apply to the rest of the feature sets.

Short of using pen and paper to write the results of an AzimuthCalculator value and then input that into a Rotator, how can i plug that output into the input?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I would create the value in a workspace and then use a WorkspaceRunner tansformer to call a second workspace, passing the value as a published parameter.

The second workspace takes the value and does the rotation on the required features.

Badge +3

read the drawing with the reference, extract the references

read the other drawings with a advanced reader unconditionally merge the reference information from the reference drawing and apply using a rotator?

Badge +16

You can do it in one ws by extracting the rotation value first and then use the feature reader to read the features to be rotated, just make sure the attributes accumulation setting is set correctly in the feature reader.

After that you can try to write the features with the extracted reference/rotation or apply it via the rotator.