Question

CityGML writing: problem with solid creation and Traits

• 7 September 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9
  • Contributor
  • 101 replies

I am trying to write CityGML data, which originally come from CityGML and were stored in a ESRI FileGDB.

In the process I use GeometryPropertySetter and for Surfaces a SolidBuilder (Group By: gml_id)

While this works well in general, I get several WARN message in the Log.

In the resulting CityGML file several parts of Buildings/BuildingParts are missing.

The message is:

f_38(GeometryBuilderFactory): (#926007) Error encountered while copying traits to generated solids. Output will be left without traits, appearances, measures or attributes

My question: What am I supposed to do about this message ? In which way can I dig into what is going wrong here ?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mhab,

Would you mind providing me with your workspace and a sample of your source data, so I can try to reproduce the problem you are seeing. If you don't want to post it publicly, please send it to support@safe.com, Attn. Dave.

Badge +9

I sent the reprocase to support see

C131004 - Safe Software Support Case Created [ ref:_00D30ePES._5000c1ORmEs:ref ]

Thanks for digging into this

Michael

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mhab,

Thank you for the repro case. The SolidBuilder in FME 2017 will discard any trait or appearance information from the source geometries, triggering this warning in the process. We have improved the SolidBuilder in FME 2018 to properly retain the appearance and trait information on the source Surfaces. If you run your workspace in FME 2018, there will be no more warning messages.