Question

Grid and reprojection issues in FME

Hi,

I don't know whether there is a stenderdised procedure for creating grids (to place around a map) in FME. But everything worked out very well untill I wanted to de the following thing:

I need to create 3 grids at once: a lat-long coördinate grid, a UTM grid of the zone where the data is located and on top of that also a UTM grid of that same zone but now counting from the adjoining UTM zone (Because it can happen that my map is located on the boundaries of 2 UTM zones and I want both grids on the map in that case).

For example: Lat-Long Lat:-1.5° Long: 30°

UTM-36S: xminUTM=166000 yminUTM=9834000

UTM-35S: xminUTM=834000 yminUTM=9834000

Everything worked out fine in my workbench for the creation of the first 2 grids: with a reprojection in the end to the same coördinate system everythin is outputted just fine.

The issues are eventhough starting when I am adding the last grid with a new 2D Gridcreator. When I start reprojecting the created grid to the right UTM projection (in this case 35S) FME just seems to refuse to do this action and everything goes wrong.

Has someone had similar issues in the past? I am really struggeling at the moment with this issue and any help would be really appreciated.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!