Question

How to clamp heights down to WGS84 surface?

• 18 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi everyone!

I have several building models in WGS84 and heights relative to WGS84. How can I clamp those buildings down to WGS84 so that they can be visualized on the surface of WGS84? In other words I need to get rid of the heights!

Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Badge +16

IF you have a 3D feature and you need it to be 2D then the 2DForcer is what you need.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

IF you have a 3D feature and you need it to be 2D then the 2DForcer is what you need.

Maybe 3DForcer with an elevation value of 0 would be better ?

Badge

I do not want it to be 2D, I need my 3D model to "land" on WGS84 surface instead of hanging several meters above the surface.

Badge +16

I do not want it to be 2D, I need my 3D model to "land" on WGS84 surface instead of hanging several meters above the surface.

@lifalin2016 suggestion's sounds like something I would try...
Badge

3D Forcer it is, thanks dude! But not with elevation value of 0, but I have feature's elevation as an attribute. So by using arithmetic functions it is possible to do that.

Badge

Now I am gonna use 3DForcer to reduce Z values of all points of a feature.

I have a MARK_Z value attribute and need to use Arithmetic Editor so that resulting z value becomes as z - MARK_Z. (z value of every single point of a feature minus MARK_Z attribute of that feature)

But I cannot get current z value in Arithmetic Editor. Any suggestion?

Badge +16

you can try the @ZValue() function in the Arithmetic Editor