Question

Visualise 3D mining block model

• 26 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a block model which is an ore bodies geology represented by cuboids.

Each cuboid block represents a volume of ground and has a number of numeric (typically grades, densities, or metallurgical parameters) or alphanumeric (rocktype) attributes assigned to it.

It's basically a csv file with headers as follows:

IJK,XC,YC,ZC,XINC,YINC,ZINC,XMORIG,YMORIG,ZMORIG,NX,NY,NZ,fe_perce,fe_recov,oxide,rescat,sg,mat_type,fillpc,mass_rec,mass_re1,air,al2o3,cao,k2o,loi,mgo,mno,phos,sio2,tio2

I would like to convert this to either paraview VTK format to view, minecraft format, or view it with FME Safe desktop. I am completely new to FME Safe, can you help me achieve this?

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi @a1210993 ( strange name....:) Sure I can try, it would be helpful if you can provide a sample csv input file.

Hey @itay, my name is my university ID I originally made it to move gmail/drive from hosted google apps (accounts get closed after graduation) I created my account here using google-auth hence it defaulted to a1210993. I can give you a few hundred lines, the csv is 500mb and 3.5 million lines. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9jZqj0rY6KASHhlaVVUd0lHT3lndEhMMDRLOGhJYzVkV1VJ

I originally had the idea of generating a minecraft world as the cubes could be used to represent the blocks in my block model. The advantage of this it that you can leverage world renders apps.

Sorry for the late reply!

Hi @a1210993, I'm having the same issue as this person and am wondering if you would consider taking a stab at this for me. Currently we're doing this in C4D but the issue is that C4D doesn't handle large file sizes well at all, and sometimes these CSV sheets can be huge datasets. Would you consider taking a stab at an example for me? I'm trying to figure out if FME would be a workflow we could use as an intermediary route, IE CSV > FME to DXF > import DXF to C4D. Thanks!