Question

HTTP Post via webhook (Data Streaming and Job Submitter) creates Java AccesDenied error on FME Server 2020.1

• 14 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Last week we upgraded FME Server to 2020.1. Since then our Data Streaming and Job Submitter Services as applied via webhooks don't work anymore. The log files indicate some AccessDenied-problems.

• localhost_access_log: Post call received
  • datastreaming and jobsubmitterservice logs: request received. Fatal error: Service failed: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: E:\\FMEServerData\\resources\\system\\temp\\requestdata\\1710266074152417324

FME Server runs on a service account with admin rights to all of the server.

How to solve this?

4 replies

Badge +1

We found a solution for this problem in the workbenches itself. The Reader that is used to send the HTTP Message Body to should have a source. The source cannot be left empty.

I thought in previous versions of FME Server this didn't result in an error, but it does now in version 2020.1. Can this be considered a bug?

Badge +11

Hi @jtermaaten,

I would have expected this to also return an error in earlier versions of FME Server. If you still have a log file (and a workspace) for the older version that would be great to help us compare to 2020.1 behaviour.

Either way, I think the Reader is attempting to read from the temp location - possibly assuming a file was uploaded so when it tries to access the temp folder, there is no file there and errors.

Would you be able to submit a case for this so we can determine if this is indeed a bug?

Could you include more details on the workflow, a workspace, and the log files mentioned in your initial post?

Thank you!

Badge +16

We found a solution for this problem in the workbenches itself. The Reader that is used to send the HTTP Message Body to should have a source. The source cannot be left empty.

I thought in previous versions of FME Server this didn't result in an error, but it does now in version 2020.1. Can this be considered a bug?

I'm glad I found this post! I could not figure out why I was getting the error 500 code when I had all the permissions setup correctly. I just had to put in a placeholder for the reader parameter and republish to FME Server, then everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the workaround @jtermaaten!

Hopefully this gets fixed going forward, as this isn't the same behavior as previous versions of FME Server.

Case #: C159192

I had a similar error after upgrading with a datadownload service. My only reader was a Geodatabase reader, and I never sent content to the reader. But in the publish settings, I had set this reader as a reader where the body should be sent to:

wrong configuration:

fme_wrongThis was not an issue in earlier versions. my fix:

fme_correct