Question

arcsdequerier "child geodatabase"

• 21 January 2015
  • 0 replies

Badge
Is it possible for the ArcSDEQuerier transformer in FME2014 to access data in an SDE "Child Geodatabase", otherwise known as a "schema-owned geodatabase" in official ESRI terms? The SDE is 10.2.0 on an 11g Oracle database and I ahve ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 installed on the machine I'm running FME 2014 from.  I need to access GIS layers in this child geodatabase and filter them my a study area feature in my workspace.  On the transormer there is nowhere to pick the child geodatabase.  I have found this to be an issue on the ArcSDE30 reader as well.  In order to read data from the child geodatabase I've had to create an sde connection file that points to the child geodatabase and then use the ArcSDE Geodatabase reader instead and point it to the SDE connection file.  I can't do the same workaround on the ArcSDE querier.  I could just do a spatialfilter tranformer in the workspace, but I want to avoid reading every feature off the SDE layer when there are millions and my study areas are very small. 

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Andrew

0 replies

Be the first to reply!