Question

Problem reading SHP-file when I run workbench on FME-server

• 3 January 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I have problem reading SHP-file when i run workbench on FME-server.

The same workbench runs without problem on the same machine in FME-desktop.

I get the error:

BADNEWS: Shape Reader: Failed to open dataset '\\\\sv101\\webkartor\\ValsProd\\PPL_PPL_Y.shp' which is neither an existing file nor directory (shapread.cpp:307)

Shape Reader: Failed to open dataset '\\\\sv101\\webkartor\\ValsProd\\PPL_PPL_Y.shp' which is neither an existing file nor directory

(stftrans.cpp:275) - (..\\..\\..\\foundation\\framework\\engine\\reader.h:130) - (shapread.cpp:307)

3 replies

Userlevel 4

You will probably have to configure your FME Server engines to execute as a domain user, as the regular service account doesn't have access to network resources.

See here: http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Running_FME_Server_Engines_Under_Different_Account.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

The FME Server service is running using a system account (default local system). That account probably does not have access to this network share.

Try using a network admin account to run FME server (see the properties of the service).

Thanks for the tips but i have checked that the FME server engine runs with my own user, the same as i use when i run the workbench successfully in FME-desktop.

Is it only the engine service that need a domain user?

The same workbench on the same FME-server has run successfully last week, on christmas day ;-)