Question

FME Server Polling IMAP

• 9 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I have FME Server 2018.1 polling an IMAP account that is with Office 365 and I am only receiving the imap_publisher_content{0} in text/html. Is this a limitation to e-mail polling of IMAP? I really would like to receive the content in plain/text as well like before when I used FME Cloud's SMTP server. Any ideas? I've tried to use the html stripper and regex, but I'm getting mixed results with that.

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @madwarren,

FME Server should certainly be able to receive the content as text/plain as well. Have you checked that there is nothing else in the imap_publisher_content_type{} list. It may be being recorded in both types?

Badge

Hi @madwarren,

FME Server should certainly be able to receive the content as text/plain as well. Have you checked that there is nothing else in the imap_publisher_content_type{} list. It may be being recorded in both types?

@hollyatsafe, I've attached the incoming JSON from FME Server's topic monitoring and the imap_publisher_content{} and imap_publsiher_content_type{} lists only contains a single item. I wasn't sure if there was a setting I overlooked to be able to receive both text/plain and text/html. incoming.json

Badge +2

@hollyatsafe, I've attached the incoming JSON from FME Server's topic monitoring and the imap_publisher_content{} and imap_publsiher_content_type{} lists only contains a single item. I wasn't sure if there was a setting I overlooked to be able to receive both text/plain and text/html. incoming.json

Hi @madwarren,

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the issue you are seeing, polling Office 365 I am returned but html and plain text.

Is this the case with all incoming mail, or just ones from a particular server?

Please would you consider reporting this as a problem here so we can try out some more tests.

Badge

Hi @madwarren,

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the issue you are seeing, polling Office 365 I am returned but html and plain text.

Is this the case with all incoming mail, or just ones from a particular server?

Please would you consider reporting this as a problem here so we can try out some more tests.

@hollyatsafe, all e-mails are from the same e-mail domain that is used internally in our company. The e-mail address that is polled would only receive e-mails from other addresses from within the same @companyname.com domain.

I went ahead and reported using the link you provided to hopefully find a solution.