Question

Place the internal world objects in the right location in Real world

I could get the extract done for internal world using SBS plugin

But unable to bring the internal world objects in the “right location”.

• Rotator – do I need to use this?
  • Scaler – do I need to scale the output so as to match the realworld scale.. or leave it as it is .. even though it looks very small – only view-able at very large scale…
  • OffSetter ?? – how to input the parameter for say Sub-Station Point Location?
  • Reprojector (or CoordinateSystemSetter) – is it required or we can set it up in the Writer only?
  • AffineWarper – Will this wrap all equipment together? What is the benefit of wrapper instead of exporting individual equipment?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @neeluiyer,

The Rotator, Scaler, Offsetter (or Affiner to replace them all) is useful if you know the parameters you want to apply.

The AffineWarper is more useful if you do not know the parameters to apply, but do have target source and destination location. The transformer will calculate the adjustment from these locations.

The CsmapReprojector transformer provides more control over the reprojection process, including which datum transformation to use, and how to handle elevation adjustments.

Badge +2

If I remember correctly, the internal worlds has nodes where the internal world connects to the GIS world. You can use these to translate & scale your internal world data to the correct location using the transformers mentioned above