Question

Directory Watch strange behavior

• 2 December 2016
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi.

I'm working with directory watch and facing some issues. Sometime the trigger fires the workspace properly (once) and sometime it fires it several times (more than ten) in a second. Not clear to me what's happening. The workspace simply runs a sql command and (exiting python procedure) sends an email.

Thanks for support

Roberto

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi @roberto maybe the following tutorial might provide some explanation when using FME Server 2016 with the publication filter possibilities.

If doubting I would contact Safe about it.

Hope this helps

Badge

Thanks a lot. "Unfortunately" the published workspace works in a different, inexplicable (to me) ways. Sometime it works properly, sometime not. I will try to contact Safe. Regards

Badge +22

Thanks a lot. "Unfortunately" the published workspace works in a different, inexplicable (to me) ways. Sometime it works properly, sometime not. I will try to contact Safe. Regards

the directory watcher is erratic with unc paths and subdirectories. It's improved in 2016 over 2015, but is still not terribly reliable. I second contacting Safe with examples.
Badge +16

As @jdh and @aaronkoning mention there seems to be some issues with the subscription.

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/37230/stop-create-notification-spam.html