Solved

Protocol to trigger a workspace

Badge +1

How can we trigger workspaces one after another in FME server? Suppose we have three workspaces and these three need to be run one after another in sequence, published the three workspaces to fme server with success and failure topics for each script. while configuring with Notification or Subscriptions, unable to find any trigger to run next workspace. am i missing anything?

icon

Best answer by david_r 30 June 2017, 13:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

From FME Server 2016 and onwards (I think), there's a subscription protocol called "Workspace". It will run a specific workspace whenever a topic is called. Is that what you're looking for?

Badge +1

From FME Server 2016 and onwards (I think), there's a subscription protocol called "Workspace". It will run a specific workspace whenever a topic is called. Is that what you're looking for?

Good to have this option in 2016. But working with 2015 FME server, so any other alternative at 2015.1.2.1 version?

Userlevel 4
Good to have this option in 2016. But working with 2015 FME server, so any other alternative at 2015.1.2.1 version?

One solution could be to use FMEServerJobSubmitter at the end of each workspace.
Badge +1
Looking for this option at FME 2015.1 version..

Badge +1
One solution could be to use FMEServerJobSubmitter at the end of each workspace.
@david_r, yes i used this option using FMEServerJobSubmitter. Just curious to know through Protocol or other way..