Question

how to calulate the digits in column of x and y utm coordinates before the decimal point

• 16 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

i need to extract the coordinate which are wrong and does not make sense like easting in utm should be 6 digits .because i have some coordinates in x column for example (easting = 7 digits 3628623.384 ) which is wrong it should be 6 digits. is there any way i can calculate the digits in coodinates column before the decimal point

5 replies

Badge

Use a SubstringExtractor to pull out the digits before the decimal point:

Start index: 0

End index: @FindString(@Value(x-coord),.)-1

x-coord is your x attribute, . is what you're looking for and -1 to get the position one step to the left of the decimal point.

Then use a Tester to check that the resulting string isn't too long:

@Evaluate(@StringLength(@Value(_substring))) < 7

_substring is the string you just pulled out with the SubstringExtractor.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

You can use the Tester to test if the value is less than 1000000 (i.e. the minimum value of 7 digits).

Badge

You can use the Tester to test if the value is less than 1000000 (i.e. the minimum value of 7 digits).

Doh. Sometimes the answer is just too obvious. :-) In my defense, I'm busy at work with the same maneuver but with character strings, so that's where my head is at the moment.

Badge

thanks takashi

Badge

Use a SubstringExtractor to pull out the digits before the decimal point:

Start index: 0

End index: @FindString(@Value(x-coord),.)-1

x-coord is your x attribute, . is what you're looking for and -1 to get the position one step to the left of the decimal point.

Then use a Tester to check that the resulting string isn't too long:

@Evaluate(@StringLength(@Value(_substring))) < 7

_substring is the string you just pulled out with the SubstringExtractor.

thanks danullen really appreciated