Question

Login failed (Connection Error) - Unable to connect to FME Server

• 30 January 2020
  • 9 replies

I am trying to publish a FME Workspace(FME Desktop) running on a serviced platform (Citrix) to FME Server(FME Cloud) but I am getting the below error message in the Log file.

"Login failed (Connection Error) - Unable to connect to FME Server"

"Request to update access token failed. HTTP Error: SSL connect error"

But when I tried to publish a FME Workspace from a local FME Desktop, it got published successfully.

So, can some one who had similar experience share their solution.

Thanks,

arizona

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

First thing to do is have a look at the FME Server log files.

They usually contain information that points to the issue.

I had something similar not too long ago.

the only message in the the log file are:

"Login failed (Connection Error) - Unable to connect to FME Server"

"Request to update access token failed. HTTP Error: SSL connect error"

can you please share what you have experienced?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

can you please share what you have experienced?

In my case the database was on a different server and the database connection could not be established due to different network security protocols.

I think that will not be the case for you, but the log files will tell you more.

Badge +11

Hi @arizona,

Have you already taken a look at this article by chance?: FME Server Troubelshooting: Connecting to FME Server from FME Workbench

@jovitaatsafe Yes I have read the link you added below but the issue I am facing is a failed connection to FME Cloud/Server from FME Desktop that is not locally installed but sitting/installed and serviced from a Citrix server/platform.

Badge

@arizona Here are 2 things I would try to troubleshoot this:

1. Can you access the URL of the FME Server (on FME Cloud) via a browser from your Citrix environment?

2. Confirm that the Citrix environment is trusting the root certificate of FME Cloud (see screenshot below). You can see the root certificate by clicking on the lock in the URL field or your browser.

Let us know how this goes.

@arizona Here are 2 things I would try to troubleshoot this:

1. Can you access the URL of the FME Server (on FME Cloud) via a browser from your Citrix environment?

2. Confirm that the Citrix environment is trusting the root certificate of FME Cloud (see screenshot below). You can see the root certificate by clicking on the lock in the URL field or your browser.

@gerhardatsafe Thanks for your response. So, here are my findings on the two items you suggested:

1. I cannot access the URL of the FME Server via the browser from the Citrix environment (I have attached the response of the browser)

2. I cannot confirm if the Citrix environment is trusting the root certificate of FME Cloud since I cannot open the url

Badge

@gerhardatsafe Thanks for your response. So, here are my findings on the two items you suggested:

1. I cannot access the URL of the FME Server via the browser from the Citrix environment (I have attached the response of the browser)

2. I cannot confirm if the Citrix environment is trusting the root certificate of FME Cloud since I cannot open the url

Ok, this could indicate that the certificates are not trusted. I don't know how Citrix works, but I would suggest adding these 2 certificates to the trusted certificates in your environment:

DigiCert Global Root CA

DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

You can find the certificates on this page:

https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm