Question

Send response email to email address FME Cloud

• 20 January 2018
  • 6 replies

I have a workspace running in FME cloud and I would like it to send a response email to the person that submits data through the FME server email address. I am having trouble finding the senders email address so it can be passed as a parameter.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @garydlester, if the FME Server has received an Email via an Email (SMTP or IMAP) Publisher and run the workspace with a Notification Service, the information on the Email including sender's address will be saved into a JSON document. Its file path will be passed through the parameter FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE to the workspace, so you can read the JSON doc and extract required values in the workspace. See these links to learn about schema of the JSON document.

Hi @garydlester, if the FME Server has received an Email via an Email (SMTP or IMAP) Publisher and run the workspace with a Notification Service, the information on the Email including sender's address will be saved into a JSON document. Its file path will be passed through the parameter FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE to the workspace, so you can read the JSON doc and extract required values in the workspace. See these links to learn about schema of the JSON document.

filenameverification.fmwtmd121617fc-a10523.zipThank you Takashi, I have a follow up question. I loaded this workspace onto the server and the send and receive email works fine but I think I have a scope issue with the attachment parameter. The workspace is supposed to unzip a file and check the internal files for naming convention but I don't think the .zip is being processed. The workspace works tested in workbench. Thanks again

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

How have you set the SourceDataset_JSON and SourceDataset_PATH parameters when you uploaded the workspace to the FME Server?

In my quick test, the ZipExtractor worked fine if I have set "$(FME_TOPIC_MESSAGE)" to the SourceDatasetJSON parameter.

Also, make sure if a valid directory path in the disk system is set to the SourceDataset_PATH parameter. For example, I tested with "$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_TEMP)/$(FME_JOB_ID)".

You're the best, I will try this immediately and let you know.

Answer worked perfect, FME has the best forum support for their product. Really, top job. Thanks again.

Great piece of informative content nice I hope you will continue to share more in the future such amazing stuff