Question

How to export Smallworld Internal Objects

• 24 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am using a Smallworld Edition of FME, version 2017. How do I use it to export internal objects and have it reference back to its world owner.

6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

What does this internal objects mean?

If you are referring to features in small world then you have to place small world reader and read the features. It will be same came case for normal pole/substation else if the feature have some internal features then the reader will be as <<feature>>_internal

Pratap

Badge

Hi @pratap, Internal Objects are objects where its geometries are not in the main view of Smallworld but in an internal schematic view. I tried exporting them the same way, but if my Smallworld session only has the main view open and not the internal view, it doesn't seem to read those objects.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I don't know for sure about the SmallWorld Edition, but the Spatialbiz SmallWorld reader plugin has a parameter to define what internal world to export.

Usually that is followed by referencing a feature in the GIS world and using transformers like Rotator, Scaler, OffSetter, Reprojector (or CoordinateSystemSetter) and AffineWarper to place the internal world objects in the right location.

Badge +2

I don't know for sure about the SmallWorld Edition, but the Spatialbiz SmallWorld reader plugin has a parameter to define what internal world to export.

Usually that is followed by referencing a feature in the GIS world and using transformers like Rotator, Scaler, OffSetter, Reprojector (or CoordinateSystemSetter) and AffineWarper to place the internal world objects in the right location.

Hi,

Can we get trail (30 days) from Spatialbiz?

Pratap

@ erik_jan

Can you please explain more on referencing the feature to GIS world after exporting the internalworld at the "Right location".

Do I need to wrap the complete internal world objects when I export?

Is the Scalar meant to adjust the scale inwhich It would appear in the RealWorld

How to set the offset -- is it done using OffSetter? How to do offsetting of the location to say the Substation Point (Origin Shift),

Best

Neel.

Badge +2

@li_fme​ , Did you find any way to read these internal world features thru FME?