Question

How to define the destination fanout directory in a WorkspaceRunner from the Workspace it calls in FME 2016.1?

Badge

I have a batch process with a Directory and file Path names reader (files are in a different folder depending on county and municipality for example \\xyz\\DATA\\Topo\\N50\\Original\\fylke_kommune\\01_Ostfold\\0101_Halden) and a WorkspaceRunner that calls a worskpace that does a conversion from SOSI (norwegian standard) to shapefiles for all the sosi files (*.sos) into a new directory with subfolders named after the file's county and municipality it belongs to. In the conversion workspace I have the writers destination as fanout expression of the county and municipality that is extracted from the Path being read with a filenamextractor (_dirpath) and a string searcher (_firstmatch) and then a stringreplacer to change the destination path (updated _dirpath). So the files will be generated in a new folder whose naming depends on the County and Municipality that is in the path of the reader (Destination folder: \\xyz\\DATA\\Topo\\Norway_N50\\Converted. The fanout expression for the destination directory is _dirpath and the naming of the files @Value(fme_basename)_points, @Value(fme_basename)_lines and @Value(fme_basename)_polygon. This will be the destination folder and subfolders \\xyz\\Data\\Topo\\N50\\Converted\\fylke_kommune\\01_Ostfold\\0101_Halden.

But when calling this process in the batching workspacerunner I have problems in the recognition of the new destination folder. It just makes the transformation in the the "same original folder".

How can I get to read the destination folder with fanout as I have it in the convertion workspace in the batching runner? I have use the source SOSI file : path windows and the Destination Esri shape folder: \\xyz\\Data\\Topo\\N50\\Converted wait for jobb to complete: No. I am doing just a test for a County. Also I have tried making a user parameter for the fanout but still doesn't do it

0 replies

Be the first to reply!