Question

Center Point Extractor

• 2 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi All,

I am trying to get the center point of a room without replacing the geometry, i.e using the center point replacer. When I use the Center Point Extractor to get the center point lat and long, the lat and long ends up in South America. I'm confused because the Revit file displays in Texas, which is correct. Can anyone help explain this?

I am using the IFC reader to run the Revit file. The RefLat and Long are in Texas. Can this be caused by the Revit file Min and Max Reference coordinates? I'm thinking the vertices in the Revit file are not correct. I do not know Revit unfortunately, I only receive these files. If there something wrong with the file, or something that the Revit Technicians should fix, that would be great to know and understand.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks,

David

1 reply

Badge +10

Personally I had quite some struggles with coordinates coming from Revit (i.e. IFC) files. I found that the settings in Revit are incorrect in many cases. If you have to deal with that, it can be very hard to solve.

I had a few cases where the coordinates where drawn in the local coordinate reference system, but due to extra parameters from Revit, the features were wrongly projected. In that case you could use a CoordinateSystemRemover. You'll have to do that early in the process. After that you can set the correct coordinate reference system with the CoordinateSystemSetter transformer.

I also found out that problems sometimes arise when geometries are being deaggregated and the geometry parts get scattered all over the place. I can't remember how I fixed that issue.

I hope this helps you in solving your issues.