Question

LAS file to 3D pdf

• 8 November 2013
  • 2 replies

This question was asked in February by SWach

I'm having the same problem as Sarah with writing point clouds to 3D PDF and retaining colour.

I assign the colour from a raster using the PointCloudOnRasterComponentSetter transformer.

Then Coerce to points preserving the colour as an attribute and use this attribute in PDFStyler to assign the colour. Stills comes out black.

Sarah's soloution

"I needed to add an ElevationExtractor, Bufferer and 3D Forcer between the PointCloudCoercer and PDFStyler."

If you're out there Sarah can you explain how you used these transformers to assign the colour from the imagery that is accepted by 3D PDF?

Anyone else with ideas? 

Martin

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi,

The problem arises in the fact that the color of point features cannot be viewed, it is displayed, but since the features are so small the color is not visable.

You can solve this by buffering the points, there is a 3Dbufferer available from the FME store, if you cannot use it then extracting the elevation into an attribute

(ExpressionEvaluator), buffering and 3Dforcing will result in 3D discs that can be colored by the PDFStyler.

Hope this helps,

Itay
Thanks Itay