Question

Undefined macro `USER_ID' dereferenced in file error

• 12 November 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have 2 custom transformers embded in my main workbench. All are using same set of parameters. Hence, instead of each time

changing all parameters, i tried to link parameters of 1st custom transformer to publish parameters of main workbench in Navigator.

Workbench is executed successfully. but when i link any parameter of 2nd custom transformer, workbench is failing with following error.

"Undefined macro `USER_ID' dereferenced in file `C:\\Users\\mypc\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\FME_138424666970_7432'

Undefined macro `%0' dereferenced in file `%1'

... Last line repeated 2 times ...

Oracle Writer: Translation aborted -- rerun specifying "ORACLE8I_1_START_TRANSACTION 0""

2nd custom transformer has one SQLExecutor, 1 test filter and 1 attribute creator.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I would recommend that you create a published parameter "USER_ID" in both your custom transformers. Then link the main parameter into it.

Something like this:

David
Badge
Hi David,

Thanks. I also tried this approach. but not working.

Userlevel 4
Hi,

it works for me. Just make sure that you do not reference the MAIN_USER_ID inside the custom transformer. Only reference the published parameter that is local to the custom transformer.

Also be aware that published parameters behave a bit differently inside a custom transformer if you access them using e.g. a PythonCaller. The safest bet is to use a ParameterFetcher inside the custom transformer and rather reference the resulting attribute.

David