Solved

Tool to disperse points around an identical position ?

• 15 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi,

I'm continiously acquiring tasks for internal FME execution that previously was done by a mix of command lines and t-sql. One of the tasks involved was dispersing points with identical coordinates to unique positions in the vicinity. This task is currently kept in a stored procedure.

I would like to also transfer this functionality to FME proper.

Before I venture into recoding the stored procedure into a custom transformer, I'd like to hear, if anyone has encountered a similar problem, and has found a good solution ?

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 15 February 2017, 15:23

View original

5 replies

Badge +16

Hi, I have seen some amazing things been done with the offset, maybe you should have a look at it...

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Have a look at this Question and answer:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/25031/offset-points-on-a-circle.html

It might give you an idea how to solve your question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

There's a SpreadDuplicatePoints transformer in the FME Hub, sounds like it does exactly what you want.

Badge +16

Hi @lifalin2016,

Have a look at this workspace: offset.fmw,

The number of copies defines the number of circles around the original point. Should range from 1 till 3 but can be adjusted along with the mapping in the valuemapper.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lifalin2016,

Have a look at this workspace: offset.fmw,

The number of copies defines the number of circles around the original point. Should range from 1 till 3 but can be adjusted along with the mapping in the valuemapper.

Hi @itay, thanks for sharing the Cloner+Offsetter example. As advanced/new Offsetter usages, can you add workflows using the Polar Coordinate mode and Spherical Coordinate mode? :-)