Question

Teradata Format Greyed Out?

• 30 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I did everything right to set up the Teradata format in FME. I followed closely the documentation here: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/teradata_jdbc_spatial/teradata_jdbc_spatial.htm. However, when I start FME, I'm still not able to use the Teradata format. What gives?

2 replies

Badge +7

The latest JDBC download (Teradata JDBC Driver 16.20.00.13) from Teradata does not include the tdgssconfig.jar file that FME needs to run the Teradata format. This is a known issue and we are working to resolve this issue to not require both jar files (terajdbc4.jar and tdgssconfig.jar ) and is being tracked internally as FMEENGINE-62921.

Workarounds:

• Use the previous version (16.10.00.07), which does include both JAR files needed.
    • Optionally, download the latest terajdbc4.jar and simply use the tdgssconfig.jar from a previous version.
  • Delete the file: TERADATA_JDBC_*.tcl from the following directory: <fmeinstall>/formatsinfo/dependencies/
Badge +8

The latest JDBC download (Teradata JDBC Driver 16.20.00.13) from Teradata does not include the tdgssconfig.jar file that FME needs to run the Teradata format. This is a known issue and we are working to resolve this issue to not require both jar files (terajdbc4.jar and tdgssconfig.jar ) and is being tracked internally as FMEENGINE-62921.

Workarounds:

• Use the previous version (16.10.00.07), which does include both JAR files needed.
    • Optionally, download the latest terajdbc4.jar and simply use the tdgssconfig.jar from a previous version.
  • Delete the file: TERADATA_JDBC_*.tcl from the following directory: <fmeinstall>/formatsinfo/dependencies/

UPDATE: This issue is now resolved, FME will no longer be checking for tdgssconfig.jar. The fix was ported to FME Desktop 2019.2 & FME Desktop 2020