Question

How to retrieve several different terminator codes in Windows terminal ?

Hello everyone.

I am currently working on FME scripts with different fatal cases. So in one FME script, for each fatal case, there is a terminator (sometimes I have like 3 terminators in the same script). Those terminators all have a different termination message.

All of my FME command lines are gathered in a batch file, and I also extract the error level (%errorlevel%).

I initially thought that when running the batch file, I would be able to extract the different error codes that I set up in the terminators. Instead, I only get code 0 (success) or code -1 (failure).

Is it possible to extract the codes I defined from FME Workbench ?

I have seen several solutions like sending the code into an email, or using python, but I have to use a batch file to run all my FME command lines. Therefore, I am looking for a solution that would allow me to get the error code after the FME script terminated, in the batch file.

Moreover, I once got error code -1073741510, but I have no idea what it means, and I haven't found any documentation about it. More generally, I couldn't find a documentation listing all existing FME error codes (well except for the notorious 0 and -1...).

Does someone know how to extract the custom terminators errors from a batch file and/or where to find a documentation containing a list of FME error codes ?

2 replies

Badge +2

Have you tried using a Logger in series with the Terminator? That will generate a detailed log of the features that failed per terminator.

@jlbaker2779 thank you for your answer.

I already write all my results in my own custom log file.

I will keep your idea in mind (then I should use batch code to read my logs, find the right line, and extract the wanted part part of the message), however, my goal here is to extract the error code in Windows shell, without having to read the log files.

(This is about a process that should be completely automated at the end, and according to the error code, the process following the failing script is not the same, which is why I need the error code or at least the terminator message.)