Solved

repair geometry function

• 12 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +9
I have a workspace I recently completed that creates a buffer of a line featureclass.  I dissolve it into single polygons and run a chopper to limit the polygons to 8000 vertices.  I have now discovered that the resulting shape file has self intersecting polygons. 

I ran the repair geometry in ARCMAP and validate this fact. 

Looking at the transformers there is a selfIntersector which I added to my workflow but I still get self intersetcions after running. I don't see any options on the selfintersector.  Am I  missing something?

Can someone help?

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 13 November 2012, 17:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
I'm not sure why we would create self-intersecting polygons, but it's not good! In this case, can you try using FME2013. I know it's not released yet but...

1) The Chopper polygon-chopping has been vastly improved

2) There is a new GeometryValidator transformer to repair bad geometry

You could certainly report this to the support team, if so please include your data so we can test it for ourselves in 2013.

Regards

Mark

Mark Ireland | Product Evangelist

Safe Software Inc.

Suite 2017, 7445-132nd Street, Surrey, BC, CANADA

T 604.501.9985 | F 604.501.9965

| Twitter @FMEEvangelist | http://www.FMEevangelist.com

Badge +9
thanks mark,

I did try 2013 and either don' thave teh validator set correctly or it is not working as you indicate it could.  I also submitted a support request for this.  

The file tha tI get using th e passed only port still has the same repaired features when I run repair geometry on it in arcmap.  I don't get anything out of the repaired port.