Question

Smallworld FME Connection Slow

• 4 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I am trying to extract data out of Smallworld 5 using FME Desktop (smallworld edition). The idea eventually is that i can extract and full and deltas from the EO VMDS.

The problem i am experiencing, is that it is crazy slow to extract - in fact, i can't extract at all.

In the console window, i am seeing the following error:

Join dd_join(unset) will be processed slowly for the following reason:Not 'fast'

Could this be the reason of the slow extraction? if so, i have no idea what this means.

Regards,

Steve

2 replies

Badge +1

I have seen that same message output in the console in EO 43, and while I am not sure the exact meaning, have never had any issues with the extract not processing. I would guess there would be some other issue at play here?

Badge +2

You should probably contact GE Smallworld through you Smallworld reseller or GE Support Central to see if they have any patches for performance issues in Smallworld 5. We did have some performance related issue in when reading Smallworld 4.x data, and patches were made available to fix those issues.

In one case, it was the evaluation of foreign keys was causing performance issues.