Solved

elasticsearch 7 - removal of mapping types

Hi there,

I use FME Desktop to bulk-load to elasticsearch. I'm building a new application based on elasticsearch 7.1.1 but mapping types were removed ahead of this version;

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/removal-of-types.html

Are there plans to update the reader/writer to be compatible with elasticsearch 7?

Thanks,

Campbell

icon

Best answer by jakemolnar 1 June 2019, 00:12

View original

5 replies

Badge

There are indeed plans to support Elasticsearch v7+, tracked in issue FMEENGINE-59393. If you'd like to add your own use case to that issue, then our support team will be happy to help you with that.

This is a very big change, since the concept of an FME Elasticsearch Reader/Writer Feature Type is presently equivalent to an Elasticsearch v6- mapping type. There's a strong possibility we will have to deprecate the old reader/writer so that we can redesign the front-end user experience.

Is elasticsearch 7.11 supported now with fme 2020? If not, any roadmap of it?​

Badge +2

Is elasticsearch 7.11 supported now with fme 2020? If not, any roadmap of it?​

Hi @fungcheung88​ ,

The enhancement Jake mention was recently completed in the latest beta's! If you want to give it a try, be sure to install FME 2021 build 21160 or higher.

Hi @fungcheung88​ ,

The enhancement Jake mention was recently completed in the latest beta's! If you want to give it a try, be sure to install FME 2021 build 21160 or higher.

Thanks. May I know when will we have the official release of FME 2021?

Badge +2

Hi @fungcheung88​ ,

It looks like the Unveiling FME 2021 webinar is set for March 9 so sounds like it will be coming very soon! Not sure what the exact release date is however.