Question

StatisticsCalculator - How does Numeric Count work?

Badge +7

I am trying to use a transformer that will look at a single attribute and return with a value equal to the number of instances that the attribute is being used. I try the numeric count attribute created by a statistics counter, and it appears to be the correct number, but based on the description of the transformer, I am not certain it is going to be the correct method. Can someone explain to me if this is what the statisticscalculator is doing for the numeric count?

3 replies

Badge +7

I misspoke....I meant

I am trying to use a transformer that will look at a single attribute and return with a count value equal to the number of instances that the defined attribute has identical values being used within it.

Userlevel 4

Numeric Count is the number of features where the selected attribute is a valid integer or floating point value. Empty or null values are not counted.

Badge +7

essentially....if a list has an attribute for birth year and the list items are 1980,1980, 1979,1980,1964,1979,1980....then an attribute would be created for each item stating 1980/4, 1980/4, 1979/2,1980/4,1964/1,1979/2,1980/4 (Birth Year Attribute/numeric_count Attribute)