Solved

Can't run a batch file (that runs successfully when run manually) as a scheduled task.

• 30 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to run an FMW file using a batch script and although I can run the batch file manually and it will run successfully without any hiccups and in very little time (2-3 mins) when I try running the same batch script as a Scheduled Task it takes way too much time to run (I haven't even let it finish as it was running for over half an hour) and doesn't look to run the same way (their log files differ).

I would love some help to get this working properly. I know FME Server does this much easier but our office doesn't have the resources (or business requirements) to purchase Server and so I'm stuck trying to make this work with a Scheduled Task. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

icon

Best answer by krenty 30 October 2018, 22:17

View original

3 replies

Badge
You can compare the two log files attached in this zip file.site-table-join.zip
Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I had a look at the 2 log files, and they do not match the same workspace.

If you search for "Site_Data.dbf", you will find the dataset as a reader in one of the log files, but not in the other.

Different source files will give different results.

Badge

I found out what the problem was, I was using a dedicated network path for the Site_Data.dbf and needed to use a UNC for the location within my FMW file. I just changed the data parameter for that reader to use the UNC instead of the network drive path and it worked like a charm. :)