Question

How to select feature types from two data sources using one published parameter in dynamic reading?

• 24 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there!

I have an FME Workspace with two dynamic readers for two data sources with different schema names (or no schema name at all).

As the content of both data sources use a very similar data model, with only the schema name different, it would be user friendly to select the feature types only once using one Published Parameter called "FEATURE_TYPES" and not to have (as I have now) two Published Parameters called "FEATURE_TYPES_1" and "FEATURE_TYPES_2"

For example: in the File Geodatabase the fme_feature_type has the value "pGreen". In PostGIS the fme_feature_type has the value "Name_schema"."pGreen". Now I select twice the same objects using two separate Published Parameters .

Is it somehow possible, within one FME Workspace, to use a single Published Parameter "FEATURE_TYPES" to read both "pGreen" and "Name_schema"."pGreen"? Is there a trick?

1 reply

Badge

I just tried to work with Feature_Readers as Feature_Readers have the option to use attributes to fill the feature types.

Unfortunately, while possibly manually, I can no longer select the feature types that need to be processed using the tick boxes.

This is what I see in the Translation Parameter Values Menu:

And if I click on it this is what I can select: (the feature types previously read by normal Readers can no longer be read).