Solved

Does FME Server support Microsoft Exchange Server for notification emails?

• 29 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Does FME Server support Microsoft Exchange Server for notification emails?  
icon

Best answer by deanrother 30 November 2012, 16:52

View original

2 replies

Badge +1
Yes.  We use Exchange and I'm able to send emails.  There may be some configuration required to use the SMTP protocol  Check with your system admin.
Badge +11

I know this is old...

but I'm sure this is reviewed when folks are looking for whether FME Server supports Microsoft Exchange Server (MSE).

I've been getting asked increasingly if FME Server supports MSE. It isn't so easy to say yes at the moment. In the past, the Exchange Server was often configured to allow IMAP and SMTP access to the mail server. Sometimes even POP3. This starting to change as IT Teams are looking to disable these protocols in the MSE.

If your IT Team is moving to a new MSE and plans are being made to disable SMTP and IMAP protocols then you have a problem on your hands if you make a lot of use of Subscribers and Publishers in FME Server (or the Emailer transformer in FME Desktop/Server).

So be aware, if your IT Team is upgrading to a new MSE (2016 or 2019) you will need to ask the question: Are they still going to allow FME to make use of the IMAP and SMTP protocols?

Let us know if your organization is moving away from supporting IMAP and SMTP protocols with your newer Exchange Server.

Or... do you already have alternative solutions like using a sponsored Gmail account.