Question

convert ifc to dae

Badge

Hi there! hope someone can help.

I'm trying to convert IFC into DAE, but having trouble getting the IFC Global ID into the DAE Name and ID properties.

Any suggestions?

cheers,

ronald

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

You can use the GeometryPropertySetter to set the Geometry Name, I'm not sure about the ID though.

Badge

You can use the GeometryPropertySetter to set the Geometry Name, I'm not sure about the ID though.

ahh great, perhaps this does the trick... lets try

Badge

Perhaps there is a way to rename "Name" into "ID"... than I could first set Name, than rename to ID and then set Name again...

Badge

Seems like I need the ID to make the conversion work. So any suggestions are more then welcome;)

Badge

Í'm trying to replicate left dae file

(1) this dae file has id and type property

(2) dae created by fme doesn't

Perhaps there is a way to first create dae and then edit this xml file in seperate workspace?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Perhaps there is a way to first create dae and then edit this xml file in seperate workspace?

You could try reading the .dae file after writing and then change that tag. I think there's 2 options:

• Read it as a text file (set it to read the whole file at once) and then use regexes in a StringReplacer
  • Read it as an XML file and use an XMLXQueryUpdater
Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thanks for the screen shot. This is great to see.

Seems the example in the spec actually used 'id' as the example

https://www.khronos.org/files/collada_spec_1_4.pdf - page 20. Perhaps you should create an idea to have this supported.
Badge

Thanks for the screen shot. This is great to see.

Seems the example in the spec actually used 'id' as the example

https://www.khronos.org/files/collada_spec_1_4.pdf - page 20. Perhaps you should create an idea to have this supported.

yes. I need id to get the dae converted to gltf...

i did a workaround by the way with a simple text editor

i opened the dae as text and then changed the lines that contained name property. Then wrote it back to dae... That did the trick, but was quick and dirty... perhaps there is another way;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

yes. I need id to get the dae converted to gltf...

i did a workaround by the way with a simple text editor

i opened the dae as text and then changed the lines that contained name property. Then wrote it back to dae... That did the trick, but was quick and dirty... perhaps there is another way;)

You know FME has a gltf writer right?

Badge

You know FME has a gltf writer right?

yes i know... couldn't get that one working though;( So i'm using a commandline converter for that to convert collada to gltf. Next step will be converting ifc to gltf directly in fme.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

yes i know... couldn't get that one working though;( So i'm using a commandline converter for that to convert collada to gltf. Next step will be converting ifc to gltf directly in fme.

Not working? as in the writer failed?

My advice would be to set the write to write out a single glb binary - version 2.0

But I think you can control the globalID or anything else - it's just straight up geometry.