Solved

Can't get FME Server 2018 to run on Red Hat - PSQLException: Connection to localhost:7082 refused

• 22 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

I went through an express install on and Amazon EC2 instance, upgrading it from FME Server 2016 (and cunningly skipping 2017). Everything went smoothly until I went to startServer and it complained about

[ec2-user@ip-10-140-151-106 fmeserver]$ Mar 21, 2018 9:00:05 PM org.postgresql.Driver connect

SEVERE: Connection error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:7082 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

This looks like a problem with the default FME Server database, but I don't know enough about postgres config or Red Hat to know what to do to appease it. I got as far as opening port 7082 on the instance through the AWS/EC2 control panel and when that made me cringe, I determined I no longer know what I am doing and need help.

If you can, please help!

-Fuad

icon

Best answer by fkhan 5 April 2018, 18:37

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @fkhan

Are you able to access postgres using pgadmin?

Are the right ports open?

Have you tried running the post install scripts or checking to see if the log files for installation have any details?
Badge

FYI, I opted to do a clean FME Server 2018 install (on a new Amazon EC2 instance) and then restore my (2016) configuration on it. With some help from the kind and knowledgeable safe support folks, that went very well even though it was my first one. So this, particular issue may remain a mystery - but if anyone out there has the option to go clean slate with a restore after, I can report that was a good path for us.

On an unrelated note, I can't express just how helpful cached features and all things related to F6 in FME Workbench 2018 have been for debugging - it's truly a game-changer!!!