Question

Copy attributes from another file

• 30 November 2015
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hi there, I wonder if someone has been copying attributes from a file to another, and how. My case is as following: I have a file with attributes, and another ones, with only geometries. The geometries are not identical, but the file without attributes contains some of the segments from the original files. What I need is a function to copy the attributes of the nearest neibourgh in 3D. The files contain lines and points. Thank you in advance!

1 reply

Badge +2

Based on the data, if the Z dimension is not required or will not have any impact the below method can be applied.

1. Convert the file which have attributes (assuming the file as line) to point (mid point of line) with Snipper (Distance (percentage),50&50 option)

2. Relate the points with NeighborFinder to the file which have geometry and attributes will be attached

Since NeighborFinder will not work for 3D may be we have to use SpatialRelator or some other transformer for building relationship.

Other method is if you have any similar and unique matching number then you can use FeatureMerger.