Question

esri Roads & Highways

Badge +8

I'm looking for (and didn't seem to find) any transformers for working with esri's Roads & Highways. I figured someone out there in the community might have some tips/experience working with it to specifically use as a look-up (send in XY & get location on the network).

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 4

If I'm not too mistaken, isn't R&H; using linear referencing?

If so, take a look at the transformers under the Linear Referencing category of the Transformer Gallery, notably the Measure*-family of transformers and the Snipper.

Badge +8

If I'm not too mistaken, isn't R&H; using linear referencing?

If so, take a look at the transformers under the Linear Referencing category of the Transformer Gallery, notably the Measure*-family of transformers and the Snipper.

It does use LRS. I think we're going to end up developing some custom transformers to do snap to closest lrs segment, then get location descriptor attributes.
Userlevel 4
It does use LRS. I think we're going to end up developing some custom transformers to do snap to closest lrs segment, then get location descriptor attributes.
Thanks for confirming. Sounds like a great idea to invest in a good set of custom transformers, this is typically something that gets reused a lot throughout an organization.