Question

The wrong log file gets updated

• 27 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I run a workbench automatically through task scheduler. I've recently renamed this workbench (let's call the old one workbenchA, and the new on workbenchB). I have also updated the task. However, whenever this workbench runs through the taskscheduler, the logfile that gets created or updated is the one referring to the old name (so workbenchA.log). It does run workbenchB and says it as well in the workbenchA.log, but just sticks to the old filename when it comes to logging.

I've already emptied my user temp folder. I've also now renamed workbenchA. But it still does it. It's like something is stuck in cache memory somewhere, but I don't know where to look. Also, when I manually start the workbenchB it does create a logfile with the correct name.

I Have FME Desktop version 2019.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Is there a logfile set in the workspace parameters?

Badge

Is there a logfile set in the workspace parameters?

I just checked and no there's no logfile set in the workspace parameters.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I would try clearing the task from the scheduler and then resetting it up again (if you haven't tried that yet)

The problem lies in the renaming issue.

FME Stores the Workspace name when it's saves the workspace. That name is by default used for the logfile name.

Try SaveAs instead of renaming the FMW file.

Badge

The problem lies in the renaming issue.

FME Stores the Workspace name when it's saves the workspace. That name is by default used for the logfile name.

Try SaveAs instead of renaming the FMW file.

Yes, this did the trick! Thank you!

Badge

I would try clearing the task from the scheduler and then resetting it up again (if you haven't tried that yet)

Yes, I tried this. The issue was the renaming itself (see answer above) :-)… Thank you