Question

With FME Server and Automations '^\\w' parameter

Badge +8

With FME Server 2019, I'm using a workspace that runs fine in FME Desktop, which uses a Published Parameter used with a regex select in an Oracle query. If i try to use the default '^\\w' parameter value with Automations, it is changed to '^w' before running in FME Server. Is there a problem using the '\\' character?

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @pmcpherson,

I have not been able to reproduce this behaviour. If you run the workspace from the Run Workspace page does the Job complete successfully, it is only through automations that this fails?

Please could you share a copy of the job log so I can review the request parameters submitted in the Automation.

Badge +8

I'm not able to reproduce the exact issue at this time either. A similar but simpler workflow seems to handle the '^\\w' parameter okay, whether the workflow is initiated via the "Run Workspace" dialog or via a scheduled automation. Following is a redacted excerpt from the failed job on the 9th...

2019-05-09 14:51:20| 0.7| 0.0|INFORM|FME Configuration: Command line arguments are `fme' `DSLAM Capacity and Reconciliation Reports\\reconcile_dslam_m6_bu_cfg_v5_server\\reconcile_dslam_m6_bu_cfg_v5_server.fmw' `--FME_JOB_CONTEXT' `context-id-a1f3a6e3-7951-4306-9f59-f2bd13f7e47f' `--wc_clli' `^w' `--FME_SERVER_ROOT'...

Notice that the '\\' character was removed from the '--wc_clli' parameter.