Question

VARCHAR2(2000) issue

• 29 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi All,

We are converting Oracle spatial(SDO Geometry) to ESRI SDE (ST Geometry) using FME. In my data, some feature classes having VARCHAR2(2000) attribute columns. Those feature classes I am not able to process. Once I change VARCHAR2(2000) to NCLOB it worked for me. But i need to completed process with VARCHAR2(2000) only. Could anyone can help on this?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19
Could you show us how you have set the varchar(2000) in the writer? Being an ESRI SDE I guess you have created a char with 2000 for width.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could you use VARCHAR2(2000) instead? VARCHAR is an old and limited data type and should not be used.

Badge
Could you show us how you have set the varchar(2000) in the writer? Being an ESRI SDE I guess you have created a char with 2000 for width.

Hi @oscard, I am creating feature class first with required columns using PythonCaller and arcpy.CreateFeatureclass_management. Then i am using this feature class in writer.

Badge

Could you use VARCHAR2(2000) instead? VARCHAR is an old and limited data type and should not be used.

Hi @erik_jan, I am using VARCHAR2(2000) only, it was a typo error. I will correct it. Thank you.