Question

Run only one Workspace Runner using Batch Processing

• 18 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am not sure if its possible but yeah. I have a workbench with only 2 WorkspaceRunner transformers where both the workbenches uses HTTPCaller and fetch the data from web.

The input which the first workbench takes is using the different URL all the time and every URL gives a different output (I have a list of URLs). The second workbench runs normal using 'wait for job to complete'.

Can I use the batch processing mode on one transformer only or is there any other solution for that.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I think you want to publish the URL parameter and feed the wanted URL from outside the WorkSpaceRunner using for example a TXT file and reader.

That way the first WorkSpaceRunner will be executed for each URL.

Badge

Hi Erik!! Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct. but the whole point is can I do that using WB and not cmd prompt?

I have attached below the img file for my wb.

So I have workspacerunner 1 and 2. I have no issues with WS2 (just that 'wait for jobto complete').

For WS1, I have a URL (as shown) and I want to loop it until all the codes are finished one by one in place of %1 as depicted in the img.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Not wanting to steal Erik Jan's thunder here, but yes, you can certainly do this from WB too. As he says: if you have the codes in a simple text file, one code per line, you can read that in using the TEXTLINE reader and then pass it through to the WorkspaceRunner. In the workspace that is being called by the WorkspaceRunner you need to have a published parameter set up to take that code.

In this example that published parameter is called Number and I'm feeding the value from text_line_data into it.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Hi. Thanks for your efforts. Have seen this working at your end because One parameter in the workspace runner should be a url only, because I am using HTTCaller and if I put text reader as an input, I would not be able to get the data from the net.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can pass a URL as a text parameter too, or just the part that's dynamic and then construct the full URL in the HTTPCaller in the 2nd workspace.