Question

Geodatabase Error (-2147024893) .

Badge +3

Hi FME-users,

I have a model in FME 2015.1 reading dynamically from a file gDB.

If I ran the model locally, everything works fine. However, if I run the model on FME Server, I get following error:

Geodatabase Error (-2147024893): The system cannot find the path specified.

The path is provided by a published parameter which I'm passing to the model.

Can anyone tell me more about this error?

12 replies

Badge +16

Are you using a UNC path specification in your parameter?

Badge +3

Are you using a UNC path specification in your parameter?

Yes I do. The UNC pathname is something like this:

\\grgis2\\GeoSpace\\.....\\filegeodatabasename.gdb.

Badge +16
Yes I do. The UNC pathname is something like this:

\\grgis2\\GeoSpace\\.....\\filegeodatabasename.gdb.

Usually you can find in the log file the location the ws is searching for. Also make sure you are not uploading the gdb with the ws to server.

Badge +3
Usually you can find in the log file the location the ws is searching for. Also make sure you are not uploading the gdb with the ws to server.

Thank you for your feedback.

I inspected this logfile and found this location indeed.

Since I'm using a FeatureReader to read from the file gDB and not a Reader, ther is no chance I'm uploading this file gDB to FMEServer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Thank you for your feedback.

I inspected this logfile and found this location indeed.

Since I'm using a FeatureReader to read from the file gDB and not a Reader, ther is no chance I'm uploading this file gDB to FMEServer.

Actually, by default datasets read by the FeatureReader will be uploaded with the workspace. Admittedly it won't happen with a Geodatabase unless you have converted it into a zip file, but I thought I'd mention it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

My suspicion is that this is a permissions problem.

See this article for more information and possible solutions.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Does the account running the FME Server Core service (see service properties) have the authorization to get to the source data?

The default setting for this service is, that it is run by the local system account and usually that can not be used to access remote servers.

Badge +1

Has this been resolved @verdoodtdries @Mark2AtSafe?

I've got the exact same problem when reading a Geodatabase Raster Dataset. Everything works fine locally but fails on FME Server with the same error as above. This is regarding a ZIP file that gets uploaded via data upload to the FME Server Resource folder through the FME Server GUI ([...]\\resources\\system\\temp\\upload\\[repository]\\[workspace.fmw]\\[user]\\).

We have a distributed installation with a dedicated FME Server user that runs all FME services (FME Server 2018.1.0.1 - Build 18528 - win64).

I've checked the following:

- FME Server user has full permissions to access folder location (that is definitely the case as the file upload through the GUI works fine)

- the file upload is successful (the ZIP file exists in the upload folder)

- we are using UNC path (automatically, as this is the FME Server resources folder)

- the ArcGIS version matches the gdb or higher (we have 10.5 installed, the gdb is 10.0)

- ArcGIS 64bit Geoprocessing libraries are installed (other ESRI geodatabases read and write fine on our 64bit engines)

- tried using a normal Geodatabase Raster Dataset reader instead of a FeatureReader (GEODATABASE_FILE_RASTER_DATASET)

- ran the workspace in FME Desktop on the FME Server engine machine - that works fine, too

Here we are stuck - any help would be appreciated.

Badge +6

Has this been resolved @verdoodtdries @Mark2AtSafe?

I've got the exact same problem when reading a Geodatabase Raster Dataset. Everything works fine locally but fails on FME Server with the same error as above. This is regarding a ZIP file that gets uploaded via data upload to the FME Server Resource folder through the FME Server GUI ([...]\\resources\\system\\temp\\upload\\[repository]\\[workspace.fmw]\\[user]\\).

We have a distributed installation with a dedicated FME Server user that runs all FME services (FME Server 2018.1.0.1 - Build 18528 - win64).

I've checked the following:

- FME Server user has full permissions to access folder location (that is definitely the case as the file upload through the GUI works fine)

- the file upload is successful (the ZIP file exists in the upload folder)

- we are using UNC path (automatically, as this is the FME Server resources folder)

- the ArcGIS version matches the gdb or higher (we have 10.5 installed, the gdb is 10.0)

- ArcGIS 64bit Geoprocessing libraries are installed (other ESRI geodatabases read and write fine on our 64bit engines)

- tried using a normal Geodatabase Raster Dataset reader instead of a FeatureReader (GEODATABASE_FILE_RASTER_DATASET)

- ran the workspace in FME Desktop on the FME Server engine machine - that works fine, too

Here we are stuck - any help would be appreciated.

Hi @ekkischeffler,

I had a look through other cases where that error message was reported and you've already checked most of the things that caused this issue in the past. Typically this comes down to a permissions issue or using a mapped drive instead of a UNC path.

When you see this error on FME Server, does the path that the Reader is attempting to read from get reported there? Would you be able to share the log file here? Or if not, would you mind creating a support case with us: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and we can help you dig into this some more.

Badge +1

Hi @ekkischeffler,

I had a look through other cases where that error message was reported and you've already checked most of the things that caused this issue in the past. Typically this comes down to a permissions issue or using a mapped drive instead of a UNC path.

When you see this error on FME Server, does the path that the Reader is attempting to read from get reported there? Would you be able to share the log file here? Or if not, would you mind creating a support case with us: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and we can help you dig into this some more.

Thanks @LauraAtSafe. The path gets reported as per my post above.

I'll create a support case and send details there.

Badge

Thanks @LauraAtSafe. The path gets reported as per my post above.

I'll create a support case and send details there.

Hi, @ekkischeffler,

I'm running into a similar issue. Did you have any luck in resolving this?

Thanks, David.

Hi, @ekkischeffler,

I'm running into a similar issue. Did you have any luck in resolving this?

Thanks, David.

Hi @donegal_david, sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues. I see this thread was posted quite some time ago. Would you be open to post this as a new question for better visibility? If you could provide more information about the issue (the error message, log file, FME version, etc.), that would be very helpful. You could also create a support case with us with the additional information. Thank you!