Question

Store feature AND Failed Reason Code for failed features

• 17 November 2017
  • 1 reply

When FME create an FFS for failed features is there a way to add the failure reason to the feature in the FFS?

I was hoping for an easy way to have a table of features failed with teh fail reason that I can send to the vendor

In the logs I see this

2017-11-16 11:09:13| 224.4| 1.7|ERROR |The invalid value ' . °' was supplied to the field 'lat_wgs84' for the table/feature class '####'

but I don't see this information in the FFS or what feature this failure occurred on.

Plus in the log file it often truncates repeated messages:

2017-11-16 11:09:45| 239.1| 2.6|ERROR |... Last line repeated 2 times ...

So then I don't have a complete list of failures from the log anyway.

Currently these features are failing on the Geodatabase Writer. What I'm after is any failed feature in the workspace goes to FFS with the failed reason code (or a solution alike to this).

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I think this is going to vary on a case-by-case basis; i.e. each transformer and each format probably has its own rules and setup about what is written to the log file

In the future the FeatureWriter transformer is going to get a <rejected> port, and that might help you somehow keep and process the bad features to find more information about them.

In the meantime, I suggest you add an idea to the knowledge centre, asking for the Geodatabase Writer to improve its logging of bad features. It certainly would be nice if it included more information about why a feature was rejected, and as an idea other users can also vote on it.