Question

why can't I write my aggregated lines into a polyline feayure class?

Hello.

I have a searies of Lines coming from a FGDB polyline feature class and I have aggrated them into one polyline. When I then try and write this into another polyline feature class I can't. I can the error message "Cannot write a non-linear feature to a polyline feature class".

I've tried adding in a geometry coercer after the aggregator but this has no effect.

Hsa anyone experienced this before? Is there an alternative to aggrehator that works for lines?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi,

Are you sure you are writting only lines? I would place a GeometryFilter just before the writer.

You can also generate a workspace and FME will place the correct writers set to the geometry type found in the input.

Badge +3
does'nt non-linear suggest somthing like an arc, spline and such?

You might want to filter prior to writing to restrictive shape file.

I've tried using a geometry filter this morning and everything came out as a line. 

Perhaps even more bizarre is that I've dissolved the input features in ArcGIS and loaded them into the feature class fine, so there cant be a problem with the lines.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
not necessarly, since FME will work on the fully decimal accuracy, while ESRI doesnt, try to round the coordinates decimal places before writting.