Solved

"Unable to load source file"

• 6 August 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge
I am trying to load an FME Workspace that generates KML into Bing. I used to be able to do it, but now every time I try, I get the error, "Unable to load source file."  Strangely enough, when I put the URL into a browser, I get a KML returned. But, when I try the same exact URL in javascript for Bing maps integration, I get the "Unable to load source file" error each time.

Already tried and did not work:

1) Specifying ports in the URL (:80) to no avail.

2) I can load KML into Bing maps from an FME url ("http://fmeserver.com/fmedatastreaming/Demos/REST-kmlstreaming.fmw") but not from the server that FME is loaded on within my corporate intranet

3) I have tried running the web page on IIS directly (port 80) instead of using the WebMatrix IIS express (which uses port 7313) to host the pages; still get same error.

4) I have tried granting full permissions to the fmeguest and fmeuser roles, still get the same error.

Know that:

- The computer I am running IIS on is on the same corporate intranet domain as the server that is hosting FME Server.

icon

Best answer by n8 8 August 2013, 16:21

View original

2 replies

Badge
If you go here:

http://fmeserver.com/userweb/sharper/playground/index.html

Then click on "Stream KML to Bing Maps" that is what I am trying to do, except replaced the fmeserver.com URL with a URL that is inside my corporate domain where our FME Server is hosted.

Any ideas / help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Nate
Badge
It is a firewall issue. I opened some ports up but the issue is our FME server is not facing the internet, so Bing and Google cannot see it.

What I need to do is download the KML to the web server, which does face the Internet, and then serve the KML to Bing / Google / etc from there instead of trying to take it straight from FME server.

Looking at jQuery for examples of file download now...