Solved

FME Server with OS authentication type Geodatabase connection

Hi,

Does anyone know why FME server is unable to handle an SDE connection file with OS authentication? I have several FME desktop workspaces using OS Authentication and I publish it to FME server and run my FME Job Submitter service. I also have the conection file uploaded, but somehow during translation it fails to utilize/recognise the SDE connection which is setup with OS Authentication. On the other hand, the windows server where FME Server is installed has ArcGIS Desktop installed too and I am able to connect to the database using the OS authentication SDE connection file.

icon

Best answer by larry 6 April 2017, 19:35

View original

3 replies

Badge

I guess it may depends on the account used to run the FME Server services. If the services are running with local system account, it is likely normal that they can't access the ArcGIS server with this account.

If this is the case, you'll have to run the services with a valid OS account.

I got the same problem with .sde connection file but after installing FME desktop on the server the problem was solved. It did not failed recognising the sde connection. I hope it will help you further.

Badge +14

I guess it may depends on the account used to run the FME Server services. If the services are running with local system account, it is likely normal that they can't access the ArcGIS server with this account.

If this is the case, you'll have to run the services with a valid OS account.

We have our server setup to run off of an AD account which is in a group that has permissions to SDE.