Solved

Read dynamic (from sde) and write to dynamic (mapinfo)

• 26 October 2015
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1
Hi!!!

I read a SDE (SQL) database and write dynamic MapInfo table (dynamic is because I want my output to be like my SDE Database).  Eveything is fine except with the "date" type attribute.  MapInfo write the date as a "DateTime" attribute.

But I'd like to have a simple "Date" attirbute.  Any idea how to force "Date" and not "DateTime" on a dynamic transformation using Dynamic Properities of the  SDE Geodatabase ?

thank you!
icon

Best answer by takashi 27 October 2015, 06:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

The strategy is:

- Read schema features from the source dataset.

- Modify data type name in the schema feature.

- Merge the schema feature (list attribute) to the data features.

- Configure the Dynamic Properties with "Destination Schema is Derived from List Attributes" method. (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Dynamic-Workflow-Tutorial-Destination-Schema-is-Derived-from-List-Attributes)

(1) Add a Schema (Any Format) reader to the workspace, link its Dataset to the existing SDE reader's Dataset.

(2) The schema features have "attribute{}.fme_data_type" which contains FME generic data type names as its element. Here, replace every "fme_datetime" in the list with "fme_date". One possible way is to use a PythonCaller with this script, for example.

-----

def processFeature(feature):

i = 0

while True:

attrName = 'attribute{%d}.fme_data_type' % i

t = feature.getAttribute(attrName)

if t == None:

break

if t == 'fme_datetime':

feature.setAttribute(attrName, 'fme_date')

i += 1

-----

If you are not familiar with Python, you can also use a NullAttributeMapper instead.

Map: All Attributes

If Attribute Value Is: <No Items Selected>

Or If Attribute Value Is: fme_datetime

Map To: New Value

New Value: fme_date

(3) Add a FeatureMerger; send the data features (from the existing SDE reader) to the Requestor port; send the modified schema features to the Supplier port.

Join On

Requestor: fme_feature_type (expose in the reader)

Supplier: fme_feature_type_name (note that it's not "fme_feature_type")

(4) Send the Merged features to the dynamic writer feature type, and configure the Dynamic Properties.

In FME 2015.1+:

Select "Schema from first feature" as the "Schema Sources".

In FME 2015.0 and earlier:

Add a NULL reader to the workspace as a Workspace Resource (Menu: Readers > Add Reader as Resource), and then select it as the "Schema Sources".

Hope this helps.

Takashi
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
P.S. You may have to specify the "Input Format" parameter of the Schema reader explicitly.
Badge +1
This is perfect Takashi !

It works fine, I just used a FeatureReader (with Schema (Any Format)) instead of the reader directly.

Thank you Takashi!!!